Saturday, November 03, 2007

Tito Fuentes is here in Humboldt County. So are Tsunami evacuation signs in Samoa!

Hey! I got to meet Tito this morning during set up for the "Take me out to the ball game" fundraiser. (Tomorrow 4pm at the Samoa gym. $10 for food and entertainment.) I hope Tito isn't alarmed by all the new Tsunami evacuation signs in Samoa. I have seen the signs in Oregon and Washington but this is the first I have seen in California. Has anyone out there seen Tsunami signs anywhere else in California?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crescent City. Glad to hear Tito seems to be well.

Anonymous said...

Man, that guy sure can play the timbales!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't go there. I was at the protest at the Courthouse on TPZ land.

This is getting ugly.

I saw Tsunami evacuation signs when the "redevelopment" issue was on the Orick agenda that Troy N. brought (not for the redevelopment issue) but to show Orick what the signs looked like and explain the Tsunami procedures at a meeting in Orick.

It was a little funny that at the next redevelopment meeting that there was an earthquake and many people ran out of the building and wondered if we should go to higher ground.

We still do not have sirens that we should have in low lying communities to alert people. When will these be installed?

Fred Mangels said...

Saw tsunami signs in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

Just at Home Town Buffet when they see you coming Rich!!!

Eric V. Kirk said...

Tito! He was my second favorite player as a kid watching the Giants, right after Bobby Bonds.

samoasoftball said...

Bobby Bonds was a room mate of Tito's.

Eric V. Kirk said...

That was a fun team. Willie McCovey and Willie Mays were still playing the first year I was paying attention. Mays was traded and retired a year or so later. Chris Speir played shortstop. Dave Kingman at third. And they had some great pitchers like Juan Marishal (sp?) and Billie Jean King's brother Randy Moffit.